Due to COVID-19, CMS has expanded telehealth with the 1135 Waiver Authority. Under this new waiver, Medicare can pay for office, hospital and other visits furnished via telehealth across the country. These visits are considered the same as in-person visits and are paid at the same rates. A range of providers such as doctors, nurse practitioners, clinical psychologists and licensed clinical social workers will be able to offer telehealth to their patients.
We can help you take advantage of this waiver through our full-service telemedicine solution that removes a lot of the overhead support required to running a successful telemedicine program.
On top of the benefits telemedicine provides, our solution offers numerous additional benefits to both the patient and provider. Here are just a few of them.
- No need to deal with obtaining or setting up a device
- No need to worry about Internet connectivity
- 24/7 technical support
- Expanded patient use of telemedicine
- Increased efficiency and margins
- No additional staff required to support
- Competitive rental rates
With the rise of telemedicine, there are some big issues that are coming to the surface. When patients encounter technology issues, frustration sets in and some become less likely to adopt a better approach to care. Some of these issues are:
- Technical Support. Patients who are not tech savvy may experience issues just trying to setup their device. If they run into problems who do they call?
- Equipment. Patients may not have access to equipment or may have equipment that doesn’t meet the minimum required specifications.
- Poor Internet Service. Some patients may not have adequate high-speed Internet in order to even conduct a telemedicine session.
Our telemedicine solution overcomes these obstacles as we provide both the hardware and support. With HTR, patients can focus on getting better while providers can focus on administering care in the most efficient way.
Size matters, at least when it comes to screens. Given the typical Medicare and Medicaid population they on average face more difficulty navigating telemedicine apps on a smartphone screen. Moving to a tablet can greatly increase usability. We stock an array of iPad models from an iPad Mini 7.9” screen up to the iPad Pro 12.9” screen. We also stock Android tablets as well.
Prior to deployment, HTR will customize the tablets to your specifications. The tablet will be setup to ensure easy patient use. We will:
- Create a profile that has only what is needed for telemedicine purposes
- Supervise the tablets and install the profile
- Enroll tablets into a Mobile Device Manager
- Set restrictions to prevent patients from disabling any required apps or using the tablet for anything other than telemedicine.
MOBILE DEVICE MANAGER
Through the use of an MDM we’ll remotely manage the tablets. We’ll setup alerts to notify us of any attempts to make changes to the tablet, connectivity alerts, or excessive network usage. We can also track the location and health of the device.
To ensure no connectivity issues, we’ll provide cellular tablets using Verizon 4G LTE service.
Prior to tablets leaving our facilities, they will be sanitized using disinfectant cleaners designed to kill bacteria and viruses. All returning tablets will also be sanitized during the check-in process and before being made available for re-deployment.
Once tablets have been deployed, our service includes:
- 24/7 technical support
- Remote installation of additional Apps or settings as needed
- Remotely track devices
- Lock and wipe any device that is reported lost or stolen
- Sending replacements via FedEx for malfunctioning or lost tablets
Want to connect? Give us a call at 888-520-5667 or contact us today to learn more about our Telehealth Rental Solutions.